Conversion kit for current Fanatec wheels.
- Brand new PCB version 5.x with USB data protection and filtering.
- Coiled USB cable with choke for better interference protection.
- Full control of firmware, so I can develop this without relying on a third party
Building on my years of experience I am delighted to launch my newest conversion kit for Fanatec steering wheels.
Build from the highest quality materials that are beautifully finished. No 3D printed parts.
I have designed every part of the conversion kit personally. Everything is custom made either by me or for me.
Every kit is assembled by my hand in the UK
I have designed a one piece Aluminium casing to replace the 3 part existing design.
The new design will only allow fitting of 70mm PCD QR or Wheelbase, which nearly everyone uses.
Has both threaded and non-threaded bolt holes so threaded and non-threaded QR's can be used without the need for any additional adapter.
With the new case, the USB cable is in the middle rather than offset to one side.
Photos of both versions are in the pictures and there is a drawing of the new case here
The Kit includes...
- Version 5.x SRM PCB
- Aluminium mounting parts either in Black or Red colour
- Fitted coiled USB cable
- HY 12 pin cable
- HY to 12 pin JST adapter
- Spare coiled USB cable (No choke)
- 5 x M5 16mm CAP bolts with black coating
- 1 x M5 10mm CAP bolt with black coating
Works with the following Fanatec wheels...
- BMW GT2 V2
- CSL Universal Hub
- Formula V2
- Formula V2.5
- Formula V2.5x
- F1 2018 LE
- F1 2019 LE
- F1 2020 LE
- F1 2021 LE
- F1 ESPORTS V2
- F1 PS4 Blue Wheel
- GT7 Play Station Wheel
- McLaren GT3 V2
- McLaren GT3 V1
- RS Wheel
- Universal Hub V2 Xbox
- Universal Hub V2
- Podium Hub (NOT ENDURANCE MODULE) - Firmware 3.34 onwards
- Podium Steering Wheel BMW M4 GT3 (** see restrictions) - Firmware 3.34 onwards
Fitting the conversion...
Fitting instructions can be found in the INSTRUCTIONS Tab on this page.
You do not need to update the firmware, your kit will already have the latest version installed.
Fitting the conversion is easy. All the parts you need are included. You will need your own tools.
Simply open the wheel, remove the Quick Release pin plug and attach the kit.
No soldering, cutting or gluing needed, just removing a few bolts / screws.
The conversion is fully reversable if you keep the parts that you remove.
What will work once the wheel is converted?
The converted wheel will contact directly to your PC via the coiled USB cable. You will need either a USB extension, our DIN option, or a USB hub near the wheel.
Converted wheels will NOT work with consoles they are for PC use only.
To use the wheel simply plug the USB cable into your PC and you will see a new device appear.
Buttons, Shifters and Rotaries will all work using standard windows drivers and do not require any additional software.
You require either the free FANALEDS software to make the display, LED’s and Rumble work on the wheel (depending on the wheel specification)
Simply instal the software and it should work with your game.
Formula and F1 wheels will only have the REV LED’s working. Currently the side (Flag) LED’s do not work.
The GT7 wheel currently has no working display and the 4 joysticks do not work.
You can use the Fanatec APM addon with the wheels. All four shifters will work. The clutches will also work, but there is no option for Bit Point as each clutch is just a separate analogue device.
This is the same for the McLaren GT3 V2 - there is no Bite Point although a customer has a way of doing this with software - please see https://youtu.be/N2FLinU7Id0
** BMW M4 - Thse functions do not work on this wheel yet, I will be looking to get them working with new firmware.
No Display, No control of LED's and the Green Rotary Switch does not work.
What wheelbase can I use?
The converted wheel can be used with any wheelbase / Direct Drive system. Because the wheel plugs directly into your PC it is independent of the wheelbase.
What you do need to do, however, is attach the wheel physically to the wheelbase. You can either use a Quick Release system or bolt the converted wheel direct to the wheelbase shaft adapter.
If bolting the wheel to the wheelbase I recommend using my adapter which allows bolting 2 threaded parts together.
- Simucube V2 (SC2)
- VRS (Virtual Racing School)
Recomended mounting methods...
- The SC2 wheel side QR will bolt onto the kit
- We have our own version of the wheel side QR Here - Select non-threaded
- If you want to use a different QR system you will need an adapter like This
- You can replace the Simagic QR with any other QR system
- We sell a compatible QR for the Simagic wheelbase Here - B-G QR
- The kit cannot be used with the 50mm Simagic QR as it is non standard.
- You can replace the AccuForce QR with any other QR system
- We sell a compatible QR for the AccuForce wheelbase Here - B-G QR
- Use the Thrustmaster wheel side QR Here
- You can replace the MOZA QR with any other QR system
- We sell a compatible QR for the MOZA wheelbase Here - B-G QR