This product is you sending us your McLaren GT3 V2 wheel to be converted to USB
This enables the McLaren GT3 V2 wheel which Fanatec launched in December 2020 to work via USB. The conversion uses the PCB from Leo Bodnar like the Formula V2
Where we do not have the wheel in stock we will order one from Fanatec - This takes 4-5 days providing Fanatec have them in stock.
These functions will work:
- All buttons
- Clutch paddles *See note
- Rotary switches ** See note
* Clutch paddles:
- These will only work as 2 separate analogue devices. There is no bite point option. Ideal for dual clutch or hand controls (Throttle and Brake)
** Rotary switches:
- Left and right work in 2 ways. They activate a button for left and right while also working like Leo's rotary switch by selecting a fixed point on an axis. This can be used in tools like joykey or SLI max-pro to map to keyboard presses.
- The middle switch will just work as a fixed axis point. Please note the display will still display clutch functions, but these do not work.
Once converted the wheel is no longer a Fanatec wheel and therefore Fanatec software will not work. Use Fanaleds or SLI Max-pro for the display. Everything else just uses standard windows drivers.
How the conversion fits:
- The conversion fits over the McLaren wheel mounting plate on the back of the wheel. It provides a plate that can have a QR or mounting with a 50.8mm or 70mm PCD. So just about any QR or spacer.
- To fit the conversion, you have to remove the Fanatec QR and pin plug. Then open up the wheel and attach the cable into the plug on the wheel PCB. Instructions are provided with the conversion kit.
Please note that we keep the Fanatec Quick Release when converting wheels so you will not get the QR with the wheel.