These are hand made conversion kits to go between the male Fanatec QR and the motor shaft mounting plate on a direct drive wheel.
If out of stock we can normally ship in 3-4 days... if the delay will be longer there will be a notice here stating the due date.
MALE FANATEC QR IS NOT INCLUDED
Occasionally we manage to secure a few male QRs so please ask if desperate.
Ideally suited for the Sim Racing Bay OSW product with the optional Fanatec male QR https://www.simracingbay.com/product-category/osw-assembled-builds/
Male Fanatec or Sim Racing Bay QR is NOT included, you must either have already or source your own.
This kit basically allows you to connect any Fanatec CSW wheel to your direct drive system without any modification to the wheels themselves. The electrical connection in the male QR will feed a signal to a Teensy LC board in the conversion kit. A coiled USB cable then connects from the kit to the PC.
Just like our wheel conversion kits, this product will enable all of the features in the Fanatec wheel to work as a USB device. So you will have access to all of the buttons, shifters, hat switch, toggle switch, rotary, LED's and display. Even the rumble will work.
The USB cable can be replaced if it should wear out.
From December 2018 this product has had an upgrade.
It now uses a custom PCB to ensure excellent grounding and a very secure mounting of the Teensy and plugs. The electronic pass-through has also had an upgrade and now uses automotive grade female pins.
Works with the following Fanatec wheels...
- Formula Black
- Formula Carbon
- Formula ESPORTS
- BMW GT2
- Porsche 918 RSR
- Universal Hub
- Universal Hub XBox Edition
- CSL P1
- CSL P1 Elite
- McLaren GT3 (Orders from 4th May 2018) Firmware update for earlier orders.
These wheels can be used without the need to modify them, simply swap wheels just as you would on a Fanatec wheel base.
Fitting instructions - Click here
Customer supplied fitting video in French - Click here
Please tell me what male QR you have as differnt versions require different mountings.
- Sim Racing Bay's QR from March 2017 includes the mounting holes for the female connector.
- Sim Racing Bay's QR prior to March 2017 just has a narrow ledge to connect the female connector to. This is more complex to fit and requires careful alignment.
- Genuine Fanatec QR (Direct from Fanatec or taken from a CSW wheel base). This requires an additional mounting plate which is why there is an additional charge.
SLIMax Manager Pro
These are the Fanatec Male Quick release parts... You must already have one of these.
1. Sim Racing Bay Post March 2017
2. Sim Racing Bay Pre March 2017
3. Genuine Fanatec QR